Monday, November 24, 2008

ROCKSTARS = RON AND DARA

Update on the IRONMAN: They both finished! And our cheering section did not quite until they both crossed the finish line! Ron, he rocks! He is such a great husband to Dara and I adore the man. Dara though... she has been such an inspiration to so many people. She has no idea and maybe that is what makes her so incredible. Just an fyi for those of you (me included) who sometimes think we "can't" do it... this amazing woman completed an entire Ironman (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run) without being able to move her back or neck due to an injury! I am so proud of her (and Ron too!). I think she belongs on a box of Wheaties! She is that awesome!!! Below are some pictures I took throughout our cheering night. It was so much fun being out there cheering on Ironmen. If you have never done it, I suggest giving it a try one time. It is very motivational. I know one guy who crossed the finish line... was 71 years old! Imagine that...

Watching intently to make sure we did not miss her cross the line. Ron got too close for us to get a picture of him.

Chiara and Luca (Simone's kids) up late and cheering on the athlete's. They were so cute and so excited to be there to watch Dara finish. They held their hand out for hours as athlete's passed and gave them "five".


Simone and I - by the way... it is almost winter time in Arizona... It was a bit cold out!



Dara passed us and on her way to cross the finish line!
I think we were all most in tears... ok, I know I was!!!!
And you should have seen the smile on Ron's face as he found us in the bleachers to say she was on her way.

After the Race: Simone (hold Luca who fell asleep), Chiara, Me, Ron, Dara, Missy, and Becky

Ron and Dara!


The Girls: Simone, Chiara, Me, Ron, Dara, Missy, and Jocelyn

No comments: