Monday, November 03, 2008

Heck-

I thought if I prepared a post the day before it would post on the day I posted it! Make sense? Well, I prepared the Rome photos to post today but... it now looks like I made 2 posts on Nov. 2! So much for planning ahead!
Ok- so let's discuss my day... READY?
Do you ever have one of those days were you just seem completely exhausted and you just want to go home, climb back into bed, and go to sleep? That was my day. The part I don't understand is why? I got almost 8 hours of sleep. I worked out today (which I have not done in over a week). Then I got to the point that people just started to irritate me. Not so much all people but people who have absolutely NO drive/motivation!
Ok- here is the thing. I start my MBA tomorrow, I'm freaking some. I know how much time it will take away from anything in this world I enjoy doing BUT I am making the sacrafice. Then I get a call from one of my students who after 2 classes decides she is going to quit because it is just too hard. Now, going back to school is hard but come on! Why do people have to give up on their dreams? Why do people have absolutely NO ambition? I spend a lot of time working with people to help them and encourage them to get back into school and work on a degree. A degree that will ONLY benefit them and then they call to say "I'M TOO LAZY". Seriously, do you think I want to give up some of my time to write a 10 friggin page paper? NO- but I know in the end the benefits it will only provide for me. Do I enjoy making more money now? YES! Do I want to travel more? YES! Do I want to be an example to Morgan and Faith? YES! Do I want to better myself? YES! So of course I am going to go back and get my degree because everything I want, I can obtain!
Seriously... I sound a bit negative tonight but it is out of frustration. Do not let people hold you back. Do not let your own fears hold you back. Set goals and obtain them. What is it you really want to do? Where do you want to go? What makes you happy? Where do you want to be in 10 years? And I think most importantly, something I always think about: What do you want people to say at your funeral? That sounds a bit morbid but it is the truth.
Ok, thanks for listening and trust me, you will soon hear me complain about those 10 page papers!
Happy Monday-
Peace!

No comments: