Saturday, December 03, 2011

I made this video in memory of my dad. I love him more than anything and I miss him every day. I never realized how much the loss of my dad would impact me. There is no way anyone can relate to losing a parent until he or she does. The emptiness that you feel is something I think can never be filled. At the end of the video, you'll see a drawing of a guy parachuting. Prior to the service for my dad, my mom and I were going through some things she had at her house. We found a letter that my dad had written to her after their divorce. At the end of the letter, I saw that little parachute guy. A drawing I remember so well but had not seen in a very long time. My heart aches for my dad but I'm so lucky that I have so many memories of my dad and that my dad always shared stories with me so I can keep his memory alive.

I love you dad, forever!



1 comment:

beckyjomama said...

Oh Girl - that was beautiful! Thank you for sharing. Praying for you! Love ya