Sunday, December 09, 2012

Marinara recipe

So this is not my grandma's recipe, my typical sauce that I make. However, it's pretty simple and not bad. I would definitely make this prior to picking up a jar in the grocery store. 

1/2 yellow onion
2 carrots
2 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (I use Fresh and Easy's diced tomatoes in herb Italian, something like that... very good though)
2 tbs of olive oil
Hand full of basil
Salt and pepper

Sauté onion and carrots In olive oil until tender. Add two cans of of tomatoes with salt and pepper to taste and simmer until reduced (takes about 1.5 hours on low). Chop up basil and add to pot while simmering. Once sauce looks done, use hand blender for creamy texture. Add with pasta and enjoy :)


Tonight I added ground hamburger meat and poured it over Tortellini. 

No comments: