Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Another good man lost

Dad.... I wanted to pick up the phone and call you tonight to let you know that Chuckie was killed in a car accident. Susie is going to be ok, she has a lot of bruising. I don't know the details, just that it was a head on collision. When mom called to tell me, my heart just sank. Because it was Kiki who called me last September, crying when she had heard you passed away. They came to your service and it was the first time I had seen either of them in so many years. I remember being young and you taking me over to their house. Mom and I got Brutus from Chuckie and you got Burt from him. Papa and Charlie were friends, Uncle Tom and Chuckie are friends.
I'm so thankful that I got to be there with you those last few days. I'm so thankful that I got to hold your hand and sleep with my head on your shoulder. Kiki and Kim didn't get that, Kiki said she hasn't even been able to see him because they took his body to Flagstaff for an autopsy, because he's evidence. I can't imagine. I miss you so much dad.

Here you are with your plane, the one that flew you guys back and forth from Mesa to Palo Verde to work on the power plant. Dad, you are the best dad ever! I love you forever!


No comments: